Phala vs Secret Network (SCRT)

Q: What are the differences between Phala network and Secret network?

I think this is a frequently asked question and it deserves a post.

Common:

• We both run confidential smart contracts
  • Both rely on hardware enclaves (Intel SGX)

Difference:

• SCRT is in cosmos ecosystem while Phala is in Polkadot ecosystem
  • On Phala we separate consensus and computation. We can have unlimited numbers of miners to run computation tasks
  • (Therefore) SCRT has a similar throughput to other blockchains (ETH, EOS, etc), but Phala is a rollup architecture and can scale thousands times
  • SCRT targets blockchain use cases, while Phala targets both blockchain and cloud computing scale scenarios
4 Likes

Also: Secret is a superslow developer. I participated in their ICO when it was called ENIGMA. I was not impressed by their accomplishments. I have a feeling they will not keep up with Phala’s development.

And don’t forget their problems with the SEC:

I am very interested in the privacy space, so I read this article with interest. It looks like secret network is slightly ahead in terms of usable apps, am I right? I see 2 DEXes and one NFT platform there now. What’s the current roadmap (with timelines) for Khala / Phala? I would love to know because I am building a privacy based app and want to make the right choices.

The very big news from Phala recently is we are going to launch FAT CONTRACT Introduction of Fat Contract. A call for the next generation smart… | by Phala Network | Phala Network | Dec, 2021 | Medium

1 Like