Q: What are the differences between Phala network and Secret network?
I think this is a frequently asked question and it deserves a post.
- We both run confidential smart contracts
- Both rely on hardware enclaves (Intel SGX)
- SCRT is in cosmos ecosystem while Phala is in Polkadot ecosystem
- On Phala we separate consensus and computation. We can have unlimited numbers of miners to run computation tasks
- (Therefore) SCRT has a similar throughput to other blockchains (ETH, EOS, etc), but Phala is a rollup architecture and can scale thousands times
- SCRT targets blockchain use cases, while Phala targets both blockchain and cloud computing scale scenarios