Correct the incorrectly formatted address on the conversion bridge and refund invalid transactions

Dear friends,I input 0x797e1bC2E77aC9F9adE136506a8fF8B9A67aF238 as my kphala Receiving address because of careless,and the transfer is successful.According to the principle of blockchain bridge. The coin is in offcial account now and have not send to any others.
I hope the holder of official bridge address could transfer my coin to the correct kphala Address: 44nhLC57TtfApKwg8Yg4TiNf9WcnNybwcbrfxinJxTkRmnRJ

Thank for your Patient reading.
It is better if The official can add address format detection function to the conversion bridge

Thanks for report and I’m sorry it happened. Now the UI already has the address format check:

It’s a good topic: if we should use democracy module to transfer the locked the assets back

It’s a good topic: if we should use democracy module to transfer the locked the assets back

Not a good topic at all…
I understand lose of funds may be harmful. However essence of blockchain is transaction irreversibility - no matter who wants to do that.

1 Like

I’m with you. However Substrate based blockchains are very different in that the on-chain democracy is the first-class citizen, which gives the chance for actions like recovering funds, as long as it’s opinion of the majority.

Unfortunately it is majority of funds not majority of people.
Still IMO such action would be an own goal. I believe not only I think that way.