⁃ After the upgrade of Kusama yesterday, Pherry can’t start with Metadata error (does not affect Pherry that’s running)
- Solo miners: The running miners are not affected, but if one starts Pherry, it will crash. The monitor in solo mining script is also broken due to the same reason.
- Gatekeeper: Same as solo miners because it uses Pherry.
- phala (Phala Ramonyai) · GitHub
⁃ Kusama upgraded to
0.9.11, which upgraded the Metadata version from
v14 metadata is a major update, and it’s not supported by the old polkadot.js and the current subxt.
- Pherry uses subxt to connect to the substrate node and fetches the latest metadata from the blockchain. However it doesn’t understand
v14, and thus it fails at start.
- The solo mining script uses an older version of polkadot.js library, which doesn’t understand metadata